The Conceptual and Cognitive Modelling Research Group (CORE) would like to invite you to submit a paper to the 15th International Workshop on Value Modelling and Business Ontologies (VMBO 2021), scheduled to happen virtually between March 4th and 5th, 2021.
Call for papers
The importance of modeling the essence of enterprises on a level that abstracts from operational details is increasingly recognized. Two established enterprise modeling approaches are value modeling and business ontology. Business ontology provides abstract descriptions of enterprises in their business context, focusing on what is needed to create and transfer value. Value modeling is a business modeling approach that focuses on the value objects exchanged in business networks. Business ontology and value modeling research are conducted using instruments like REA (Resources, Events, Agents), the Business Model Canvas, the e3value toolset, VDML, and the Enterprise Engineering framework.
The goal of the VMBO workshop series is two-fold: (i) to bring together researchers with an interest in value modeling and business ontology to present and discuss the current state of enterprise or business modeling and (ii) to identify key areas for further research.
Topics of interest
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Service ontology for business
- Service-oriented view of business ontology
- Enterprise Engineering
- Business modeling of service exchanges
- Value modeling fundamentals
- Value modeling applications and experiences
- Business ontology fundamentals
- Business ontology applications and experiences
- Role of value modeling in enterprise architecture
- Ontology-driven enterprise system development
- Ontology-aware enterprise systems
- Pragmatic Web – theory and applications
- Ontological representations of aggregated data
- Business ontology / value models for auditing
- Business ontology / value models for managerial decision making
- Business ontology / value models for strategy exploration
- Business ontology / value models for business process management
- Paper submission (strict):
January 14, 2021January 24, 2021
- Acceptance notification: February 4, 2021
- Camera ready: February 18, 2021
- Workshop: March 4 and 5, 2021
Instructions for submissions
Submissions should describe original research ideas or contributions, present problems or challenges encountered in practice, or report on industrial cases and practices.
We encourage authors to submit papers for which they would like feedback from other participants of the workshop.
- Respect the 8-page limit (excluding references)
- Be submitted in the PDF format
- Follow the proceedings style of Springer’s Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
Submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=vmbo2021
Accepted papers will be published with CEUR-WS.org online proceedings (if desired by the authors).
We support the submission of VMBO papers afterward to a special issue of a journal, e.g., Journal of Applied Ontology (JAO) or Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting (JETA), if possible. Note that submitted papers will be reviewed only marginally. The program committee will use the papers to put together a final program; the aim is to accommodate all relevant papers with sufficient quality.
- No registration fee!
- No traveling or physical participation is required
- The workshop is going to happen virtually
- Giancarlo Guizzardi, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy
- Tiago Prince Sales, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy
- Cristine Griffo, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy
- Mattia Fumagalli, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy